The company Ca' dei Frati has been known since 1782. This proves a document that points to a house, "that is located in Lugana di Sirmione and has a winery and which is called house of monks (Casa dei Frati)."
In 1939 Felice Dal Cero, son of winemaker Domenico, moved from Montecchia di Crosara to this house in Lugana di Sirmione, because he suspected good soil for winegrowing in this area.
After thirty years of working in the vineyards and wine cellars, his son Pietro took part in 1969 in the birth of the DOC wines and bottled the first wines with the name Lugana Casa dei Frati.
He now works with his wife Santa Rosa and together they pass on the cultural heritage to the children Igino, Gian Franco and Anna Maria that conduct already today the company with the same passion and determination as their parents.
Mutual respect, the unity of the family, the defined roles and connection with this growing region on the shores of Lake Garda represent the true strength of the Dal Cero family.
Ca' dei Frati respects the past and projects itself to the future through research and appreciation of their 70-year tradition.